We always have everyone guessing the gender of your baby, there are some old wives tales to give you an idea of what you may be having! Although not as accurate as our gender scans!
- Are you carrying high? If so, you’re having a girl.
- Are you carrying low? Then it’s a boy, all the way!
- Do you have pregnancy acne or other types of skin blemishes? One old wives’ tale claims a girl will steal your beauty!
- If your skin is glowing and flawless, get ready for a boy.
- Have you noticed a change in your body temperature? If you’re feeling cold and icy, it’s a boy! Hot and sweaty? It’s a girl!
- Typically, what is baby’s heart rate? An old wives’ tale claims that slower heart rates (under 140 bpm) means boy, while heart rates over 140 means girl.
- Have you noticed any significant cravings? If you’re craving sweet things, you’re having a girl. If you’re craving salty or sour foods, it’s a boy.
- Both ancient Chinese and Mayan cultures used a calendar to predict baby’s gender. If both your age and the year you conceived are even, you’re having a girl. Same, if they’re both odd. If one is even and one is odd, you’re having a boy.
- Have you dealt with morning sickness? An old wives’ tale states that sickness means it’s a girl. If not, then LUCKY YOU!
- There’s a fun gender predictor called the Ring Test. To predict the gender of your baby, tie your wedding ring to a string, and hang it above your pregnant belly. If it swings in a circle, you’re having a boy. If it swings back and forth, get ready for a girl!
- We all know that sympathy pains are a real thing. If your husband also put on some baby weight, an old wives’ tale says it’s a girl!
- Have you experienced swollen legs or ankles? Rumour has it, it’s a boy!
- If you have experienced lots of clumsiness during your pregnancy, it’s a boy! If you’ve been graceful, expect a baby girl.
- Are you having crazy pregnancy dreams? Rumour has it that your baby’s gender is opposite of the gender you dream about.
- Have you experienced frequent headaches during your pregnancy? If so, you could be having a boy!
- What colour is your pee? If your urine is bright yellow, it’s a boy. If your urine is light or dull in colour, it’s a girl.
- How is your mood? If you’re happy or mellow, expect a boy. If you’re moody, it’s a girl.
If you really want to know what you’re having? Book online!